Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Kerry support and random thoughts

I'm driving home from work the other night and I noticed W stickers and Bush/Cheney bumper stickers on the other vehicles but I could not find a Kerry bumper sticker on any other vehicles. I live in one of the “blue” counties in Southern Arizona and I would guess the bumper stickers ratio was about 50/50 before the election. If the car was an import and there was a lone woman with short gray hair driving you could almost guarantee a Kerry bumper sticker. W stickers ran a broad range of vehicles and people. Judging by the short time after the election that the Kerry bumper stickers disappeared, I'd guess Kerry's support was as shallow as their candidate's convictions.


I have had my fill of the whining from the left. It’s good to hear some sense starting to come out of left field.

Have you also noticed that the stock market was trending sharply down in the couple of months before the election and now is skyrocketing up. Much like the price of gasoline at the pump was going up before the election and now that the election is over the price of gas is going down. I have to wonder if some evil conspiracy was going on before the election. If Kerry was voted president these two items (gas prices falling and the stock market rising) would be trumpeted by the MSM as something wonderful to behold. Can you imagine the headlines “Gas prices drop because a Republican was not re-elected” or “The Stock Market is reacting positively to a Democrat being elected.” Then they would trot out some “expert” who would state “the economy has immediately turned around because a Clinton-like Democrat was elected.” Instead this good economic news is ignored by the MSM just as it was before the election.

George W is setting the tone for the next four years by doing this, which I strongly support, and this, again I support, and finally this. Go W.

But just as a start feeling really good about George W. being our president he does something stupid.


No comments: