Thursday, March 03, 2005

He returns

Well I’m back. I’ve been working two jobs for the last 6 months. I’m not tired as much as my whining would indicate. The place where I was working part time offered me a full time position as Microbiology Supervisor. This hospital does not have a Microbiology Department – yet. My job is to get it up and running. It should be a nice challenge. I’m gonna have to brush up on my NCCLS (National Clinical and Laboratory Standards) so that when we are inspected by CAP (College American Pathologists) we won’t have any problems. Other than the fact we have almost NOTHING to start with there should be no big challenges (problems). I am looking forward to it.

Now that means I got to quit my full time job at the “sweat shop” at the other hospital. I look forward to not having to do the work of two people. It seemed they wanted us (Techs) bent over the bench, not looking up, performing our work as quickly and accurately as possible and sweat dripping from the tip of our nose. Goodbye and good riddance.

I even have a few days off before I start the new job. I’ve got nothing to do and all day to do it. My yard and house need some attention. So does my wants of learning to play guitar, learn Spanish, and whole lot of other things I’ve been putting off.

We should be able to make ends meet on what I’m making at one job now. I hope. I am making much less than I did as an insurance agent (which I did for 12 years). When I sold my agency, I figured I’d be able to find something that paid close to or even better than I was making. Well it’s been 4 years since and I have yet to match my income. While I worked two jobs my income came close and I’ve spent too much of the last 4 years working more than one job. Money isn’t everything but when you don’t have enough it sure seems like it is EVERYTHING.

No comments: