Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dumb things we do and B.S.

I agreed to come in to work at 0500 this A.M. I adjusted my alarm to 4:00 before going to bed. It went off this morning and I shut it off and then fell back asleep. Woke up at 4:45. “I can still make it”, I thought. Jumped in for a real quick shower and noticed the bathroom clock said 2:40. Well that clock runs on a battery so I figured the battery was going dead. I rushed to get dressed, skipped shaving, breakfast, and coffee and headed out the door. My record is 6 minutes to work, so I glanced at the kitchen clock on my way out to time myself. It read “2:55”!!!!! I looked at every clock in the house with the same result. I was 2 hours ahead of schedule. I must have accidentally changed time on the clock while changing the alarm.

I’m killing a couple of hours by reading the Internet for news and surfing around looking at blogs.

I rarely if ever watch the Network News anymore unless I’m in the mood to piss myself off. I keep up with what’s going on in the news through the Internet and listening to Talk Radio when I can.

I can't figure how to link this story (it's too early). I've cut and pasted the following from this site: http://piratesblog.blogdrive.com/. Go there for some good stuff including the following:

"Agenda Journalism Anyone?

Last week's news article that stated:
Lance Cpl. Andres Raya, 19, may have been suffering from post-traumatic stress and instigated a "suicide by cop" - provoking officers to shoot him - because he did not want to return to Iraq. Has been revised due to some new facts which state:
"During our investigation, we found he wasn't due to go back to Iraq, never faced combat situations and never even fired his gun," Stanislaus County Sheriff's Deputy Jason Woodman said Saturday.Well, now the police say that he was a gang member who was high on cocaine at the time of the shootings. Except for the family which still blames the military for
"stress from the service" is the only explanation for Raya's actions."The military trained him to kill. Let's say he didn't see combat, but he was there," Looks like the agenda that many of the journalists share got in the way of the ture story here. In a rush to blame Bush's Policies and the 'Military-Complex' trumped the search for truth in the story. It was served up on a silver platter to blame what they don't like, rather than the drug and gang problems he had in the incedent. Anything to get their story out."







No comments: