Saturday, January 29, 2005

Iraq election.

I will be working tomarrow and won't be able to cover the elections in Iraq. For those of you like me who won't be able to watch the networks coverage, let me summarize what the American networks will be saying about the elections in Iraq tomarrow;
Blah, Blah, Blah, American casualities, Blah, Blah, Abu Gray, Blah, Blah, Blah, no weapons of mass destruction, Blah, Blah, Blah, Iraqi's are staying away from the polls, Blah, Blah, Blah, Disappointment for the Administration, Blah, Blah, Blah.
What will actually happen is a successful vote with a high turnout and some limited violence. A very large success for Iraq and George W. Bush. But you probably won't hear any of that kind of talk from the networks.

1 comment:

RidgeEngle said...

Thoughts on Iraq -
The Iraqi elections are just about here and it's made me do some thinking. I've read that they are putting ink on people's hands to identify them as having voted (preventing multiple votes). But that also identifies them to the insurgents, who have threatened harm or death to those taking part in the elections. It's very important to vote, but I wonder if I myself would, under those circumstances. As a husband and father, I am trying to decide whether it would be cowardly not to vote, or whether it would foolish and selfish if you did. Freedom is important. So is taking care of and providing for your family. What will most Iraqis do? What would I do? I suppose that's something you'd never know until placed in that position.