Wednesday, January 12, 2005

This falls under the category of ......

Some bloggers put their every thought on the internet and we as readers have to wade through their endless vomiting of keystrokes to find a few morsals of goodies. Well that's been me today.

Hey if I could ever learn to play the Guitar I want to learn to play "Red House" by Jimi Hendrix. I want to play it just like Walter Trout does. The best renditions of "Red House" are as follows:

1) Walter Trout
2) Eric Clapton
3) Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Stevie Vai
4) Gov't Mule (depending on the mood I'm in this could be Number 1 some days)
5) Gary Hoey
6) Mick Taylor
7) Albert King
8) Chris Duarte
9) Popa Chubby
10) Jimmy Thackery
11) Leslie West
12) Johnny Winter
13) The Hamsters
14) Toto
15) Steve Lukather and Lary Carlton
16) Anyone else
17) Jimi Hendrix.

Now how could I put Jimi last? After all he wrote it. Too bad his version stinks. If wasn't always so messed up while performing he may have been at the top. So much talent wasted.



No comments: