Monday, September 12, 2005

NFL week 1

Boy, did my picks stink this week as did the one-eyed monkey's picks. With one more game to go this week, I'm 5-10 and the monkey is 4-11. The one-eyed monkey should be right around 50%.

I know you are not going to believe this, but I made good money on my bets. I had already bet heavily on Detroit and they came through as well as picking up some money on Brent's bets. I came out ahead and I've got some big money (for me) on Philly tonight.

As for the games, it was week one. Who would have thought that Tampa Bay had a chance against Minnesota, or San Fran could do anything against St. Louis, or that Denver would fold up like a cheap suit.

In the college games, MICHIGAN should still be hanging their heads after that performance.

If you'd followed Brent's picks, you'd be 3 for 4 in the betting game. That's always good for some profits.

In high school football, my son's team the Sabino Sabercats beat their rival Sahuaro. There were over 4,000 people at the game, the most I've ever witnessed at the high school level. I've been to several Western Michigan University games that did not get that many people.

Speaking of Sabino, they flew to Oregon for their first game (it cost me, the parent, $750) but they won very easily 69-7. So they are now 2-0 and are rated 2nd in the state in 4A. It should be a good season (as always) for Sabino.

So Thursday was the NFL kickoff, Friday night high school football, Saturday - College, Sunday day and night NFL football and NFL football tonight. Oh yeah.

No comments: